Certified Nursing Assistant
Career Transitions offers a comprehensive certified nursing assistant (CNA) training program that includes coursework, hands-on activities and residential experience culminating in a state test for certification. The book Nursing Assistant Care: The Basics, 5th Edition by Harman Publishing is utilized as a reference. In addition to class time, students may participate in one-on-one tutorials as needed. The tuition includes 78 hours of training, tutorials, textbook and final exam.
Students will be trained by nurses who are certified with the State of Montana and are successful and experienced teachers of the nursing assistant curriculum. The class will also include mandatory soft skills and job readiness training (including job search basics, resume building, and employment options) Training also includes visiting healthcare facilities and framing an informational interview.
It is recommended that students undergo physical exams to show they are healthy. With this application, students must attach a record of TB test results (within past year) and a record of Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis vaccination (within the past 10 years). Medical services are available from a primary care provider, Community Health Partners or Urgent Care. The provider can FAX the medical records to Career Transitions: 406-388-6592. Students must be able to lift 40 to 60 lbs.
Curriculum & Certification
- Role and responsibility of the Nurse Assistant in long-term care
- Basic rights and needs of residents (includes and understanding of Montana Residents Rights and the Montana Elder Abuse Act)
- Communication with residents, family and staff
- Care of resident’s physical environment
- Personal care of the resident
- Resident safety and emergency care
- Death and dying with dignity and family support
- Resident nutrition and fluid balance
- Prevention and control of infection
- Management of personality and behavior disorders
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Meeting the needs of special residents
- Students will participate in additional training including: self-care, job readiness and soft skills
- Students will take the State certification test at the conclusion of training
Class Tuition – $810
A complete application, tuition payment and acceptance into the program are required in order to participate. If the student fails the knowledge or skills test, re-testing is available for an additional charge.