Bookkeeping, QuickBooks, and Payroll
BASICS OF QUICKBOOKS AND BOOKKEEPING
In Basics of QuickBooks and Bookkeeping students will learn
how to maintain a company’s finances. Students will learn through a combination
of lecture, example, and hands on practice to learn the most commonly used function
of QuickBooks and the accounting practices pertaining to them. At the end of the course the student will
receive a certificate for completing the course.
- Versions of QuickBooks, which version to use when.
- Proper setup of a company file.
- Setup, change, fix, and maintain the chart of accounts and items, and the proper accounting methods that pertain to each.
- Everyday transactions:
- The proper accounting, entry, and understanding of Invoices, Sales receipts, payments, deposits, credit memos, and customer statements.
- The proper accounting, entry of bills, and understanding of bills, bill payments, checks, and credit memos
- How to enter, reconcile, and find discrepancies for Bank and Credit Cards accounts.
- How to properly issue Refunds, and credit memos.
- Using and understating your financial statements and other everyday reports.
Class Tuition: $175
ADVANCED QUICKBOOKS AND PAYROLL
In the Advanced QuickBooks and Payroll course students will
learn some of the more complex uses of QuickBooks, and payroll reporting
requirements. Students will learn through a combination of lecture, example,
and hands on practice to learn advanced functions of QuickBooks, the accounting
practices pertaining to them, and how to utilize QuickBooks for payroll. With completion of the course the student
will receive a certificate.
- Advanced features:
- The use General journal entries
- Using Excel with QuickBooks
- Utilizing Job Costing
- Closing the books
- Multiuser mode
- Work with accountants review
- Protect your data
- Set up automatic Transactions
- Making reports work for you:
- Tips and Tricks:
- Special “window” tricks
- Clean up lists (delete, hide, and merge)
- Sort and customize lists
- Setup employees, payroll items
- Track and invoice time
- Process paychecks
- Modify Paychecks
- Make Tax Deposits Prepare tax forms
Class Tuition: $175